THS: The Production Assistant

A blog where you can experience the ins and outs of the film biz in NYC through the eyes of someone starting from the bottom up (with a few celebrity sighting puzzles along the way).

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sweep...The...LEG!

Probably one of the coolest celebrity/actor sightings I have had happened the last two days on set. Supposedly this guy has been trying to get a part in the movie so he is hanging around set. I don't know if it is working, but it was VERY cool to see him. From the subject line of the post, I'm sure many of you can guess who I am talking about. Yep, the bad guy from that Kid movie from the 80's. All I wanted to do was shout out lines from the movie to him. He looks exactly the same by the way.

The last few days of work have been going ok. We are shooting all exteriors so we have a lot of extras each day. Basically a lot of people to walk back and forth and around the museum while we (mostly) have no principal actors walking in the shot. They are adding digital animals and other cool efx later. I did get to see the whole front of the museum covered in fake snow the other night. I do have to say that was very cool to watch. The whole process involved special efx guys feeding huge blocks of ice into what looked like a tree limb shredder and out came the snow. That's one thing that I like about what I do, every day we have something new to see and/or deal with. Not a lot of other jobs can give you that. Well, they can, but who wants to get excited about seeing new excel spreadsheets?

Next up: New movie on Monday. 18 days. 3 weeks of 6 days of work each. It's a marathon folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home