THS: The Production Assistant

A blog where you can experience the ins and outs of the film biz in NYC through the eyes of someone starting from the bottom up (with a few celebrity sighting puzzles along the way).

Friday, January 27, 2006

New Movies, New Reviews, New Everything!

With the new look up and running I thought I should post something completely new. Yesterday I started a new film that will take me into next week and then right into another smaller independent film for the month of February. The timing worked out perfectly while also allowing me to not be completely bored for another week and a half.

The first day wasn't terribly interesting. We only had to film one scene which was done by lunch and the extras weren't too much of a pain. We did, however, have a lot of cars in the mix which can be tricky. The most cars I had ever dealt with before yesterday was probably 4 and I think we had 15 for only a few shots. Like I said, it wasn't a difficult day, but before the day even started, I realized that a trend has started for me before a job starts.

With an early call time like 5am, and a string of days where you are sleeping in, the probability of getting to sleep at a reasonable hour the night before is not a good one. For example, the night before yesterday I was in bed by midnight and I doubt I fell asleep before 2. Then, because of nerves, I woke up every half hour in fear of oversleeping. Usually most people are nervous about their first day at work and I think that because working in freelance has you getting involved in so many projects, the nervous sensation tends to go higher than normal. Every time I start a new job I have to think about who are the important players. What if I get lost getting to the location? What if I screw up and my opportunities with this particular crew are ruined? Obviously, these aren't the worst things in the world to worry about, but in the realm of freelance, word of mouth and reputation are everything. If you screw those up, you may not work for a few weeks.

Ok, so onto the "blind items"(as some faithful readers like to say). The movie consists of a pretty big star who is usually involved (so it seems) in every comedy on the market. One of my favorite films in the past five years has this actor wearing one color and one brand of sporting goods. In the film he has two kids, with the names of semi-automatic weapons, and they wear the same color and brand as their papa.

The name of this new film has something to do with the location shown. If you are familiar with New York then you probably have seen this place somewhere on the UWS.

I'd also like to thank The Dilettante and "Jaime" for their diligent work. They scoured the internets better than I could and found a varied array of reviews for one of my past films.

Here are a few:
Hopes Rest on Puccini
Variety's Opinion

1 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM , Blogger The PA said...

    I appreciate your candor thatkidinthecorner. I need to push the limits of my creativity!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home