THS: The Production Assistant

A blog where you can experience the ins and outs of the film biz in NYC through the eyes of someone starting from the bottom up (with a few celebrity sighting puzzles along the way).

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Down 2, many more to come

It has been awhile since I've posted but that's mostly because I have been relaxing and sleeping in late since we've finished filming on Thursday. So I'm done working on my second film. For the most part, having more money in the budget helped my job run more smoothly, but having to deal with those third grade-esque background actors definitely tested my limits.

Not much really happened of interest in the past few days of shooting. We were stuck at one location with the two male actors for three straight days which can get pretty boring. Nothing much to do since we could leave equipment at the apartment as well as our trucks. One thing that did happen though, actualy occurred after we wrapped shooting and people were standing around having champagne that one of the actors bought (the one who originally asked me to have a drink with him and his girlfriend way back when). So I'm walking in, trying to find extra walkie-talkies (I had to collect them) and the guy starts calling out my name as he is standing amongst all the producers and the director. I turn around and ask what's going on.

The actor motions me over and is like "(Me), (Me), this guy right here. Whatever movie I do with you guys next...this guy needs to be one of the Producers. I want it in my contract."

Of course, he was kidding, but the look on everyone's face in the room was pretty memorable. Since this guy had been kind of difficult with the hierarchy throughout filming, I think they were all very surprised that he was saying such a nice thing to me, a production assistant.

Whew, ok, so we're done with that. 25 days of shooting, one night in bed with a beautiful actress, and a ringing endorsement that I was a cool guy by a prominent actor. Now I'm looking towards my next job which will hopefully start soon and have the guy from My So Called Life paired with a Mean Girl. Until then...have a Happy Holidays and a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

P.S. The MTA strike in NYC sucks. Get back to work MTA. I've had it with your demands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home