THS: The Production Assistant

A blog where you can experience the ins and outs of the film biz in NYC through the eyes of someone starting from the bottom up (with a few celebrity sighting puzzles along the way).

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Limb by Limb

It's been awhile since I've posted so I'm going to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and hopefully we all had a enough eats & drinks to fill us up till the New Year.

Meanwhile, back in the film world, I have some news. First, the film I worked on in September was accepted into Sundance and will compete this coming January. Since I have a percentage of the back end, I'm pulling for a good showing. (Unfortunately, none of us know the name yet, which can be a problem for securing distribution.) When it does get distribution, I'll let you all know.

On the current film, I've somehow managed to get different body parts into two different scenes. In the first scene, you will be able to see the tips of a pair of black shoes along with some of my ankles. (Granted, the ankles are under black pants and you'll have to ask me to pick out which pants are mine in the shot, but nonetheless, i have my feet in the movie)

Second body part occurred the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving. Actually, it happened ON Thanksgiving at 130am, but who's really paying attention.

...So the story is that the lead actress is sitting on her bed watching a TV that has another actor professing his love for her. In the scene, the actor playing her ex-boyfriend is supposed to be in bed with her trying to pull her back in as she watches. Unfortunately for the production, someone let the actor who is playing her ex-boyfriend go home for the night. Hence, they needed someone to fill in...and that person happened to be me. Well, sort of. When the movie premieres, and you see her model-esque ex-boyfriend in bed with her, and they cut to "his" arm pulling her back into bed while she is slapping it away, you'll know whose "should to hand" it really is.

Besides my bit by bit cameos in the film, the production has been plodding along with different problems. Mostly they center around money (as usual) and the shrinking budget that is being caused by slow days and too much overtime having to be paid out to crew and actors. Unfortunately, after Wednesday (which is a huge day for extras and crew. We have about 100 extras coming in on Tuesday and Wednesday) the production is letting people go for the final six days to save money. Once again, I am escaping the gauntlet of firings and am acquiring more tasks to do for the final days of shooting. Basically I’ll have to be responsible for all the walkie-talkie’s which isn’t terrible but it will be somewhat annoying since the kid leaving isn’t doing a very good job of making sure they aren’t being lost and or stolen.

Hmm what else…not much really. Lots of little things with work that I need to consolidate into a few more postings. I’ll try and compile them in the coming days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home