THS: The Production Assistant

A blog where you can experience the ins and outs of the film biz in NYC through the eyes of someone starting from the bottom up (with a few celebrity sighting puzzles along the way).

Monday, March 05, 2007

And the sequel would be named...

...Hoboken to Manhattan: PATH of Destruction.

It's over folks. The film tied for the top spot on my "worst production to work on" list was over this past Saturday. We worked about a 17 hour day and I got home at 630am to find the town I live in strewn with garbage and seagulls (they celebrate a certain Irish holiday here two weeks early. Believe me, I wasn't happy about missing the festivities). It was a tough job no question, but it's over, I wasn't unemployed for 6 weeks, and I was offered another, hopefully better, job from the people I just worked for.

It's funny to look back to where I was a year ago at this same time. I had just jumped off a job that I thought was beyond horrible and I was going into another one where I had no experience doing what they needed me to do. It was exciting and it was my first big budget film. Looking back though, last January/February were times when I was still scared to turn projects down for fear of not getting another one. In the freelance production assistant world, it's hard to pass up on a job for fear of A) not getting another one and B) pissing off the people that you said no to. Now, with so many productions going on, and my experience level a year older, I have the option to pick and choose the projects that come my way. I mean, it's not like I am being called constantly, but when I have the option between two jobs, it's nice to know I'm not feeling forced to take one or the other.

Overall, this past film was an experience just like any other. I wish the actors luck, even the ones I didn't really appreciate too much, but I hope the best for them. I hope they grow up and appreciate what they have. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be the ones hiring them and telling them to shut the F* up. :)

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home