THS: The Production Assistant

A blog where you can experience the ins and outs of the film biz in NYC through the eyes of someone starting from the bottom up (with a few celebrity sighting puzzles along the way).

Monday, February 19, 2007

Worst...Movie...Ever

So we just finished week 4 out of 6 on Saturday and the days could not be going by any slower. This project has been one of the hardest I have worked on since I started my production career. It's been cold every day, the people have been beyond needy to deal with, and I really, REALLY want it to be over with.

One of the hardest things to deal with have been the conditions. A lot of night shoots, terrible locations that have made almost everyone get sick, and long days. Since most of the film takes place underground in tunnels, the locations have had to be dirty and miserable. Dust, dirt, and cold are not a good combination for making a film. What also hasn't helped the crews' spirits is the fatc that story is horrible and the acting is even worse. The villain is a tool and has an accent that he says he fashioned after Marlon Brando and Al Pacino from Scarface (in reality it sounds like a high-pitched James Cagny impersonation. It's beyond awful. I feel bad for the guy when he sees it on the big screen).

Overall, the film has made me pretty unhappy and snappy with people. I find myself being irritable before I even get to the locations because I know the actors are going to be over-the-top needy. They are mostly people who have never been the central characters in a film, but they act like they "think" they should act because they are at the top of the call sheet. It's hard for us all to take them seriously or respect them if they have no respect for everyone else. They aren't bad people, they just feel like they are owed much more than they are getting.

Two more weeks left. 10 shooting days and then I'll be done. In March, there will be a record number of television pilots being shot in NYC. 21 pilots will be shot over the next two months and I have already gotten calls about work on two of them. I think at least one will work out while the other might not work just because of the timing of the production.

When this is over, I will give a final status report. Hopefully I won't be fired before then because I couldn't keep my mouth shut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home