THS: The Production Assistant

A blog where you can experience the ins and outs of the film biz in NYC through the eyes of someone starting from the bottom up (with a few celebrity sighting puzzles along the way).

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Another late Wednesday note
Besides the nervous meeting with our film’s star, I also got to see a friend of mine from the previous film I worked on. She was actually auditioning for a role in this film and it was completely random to actually be in the office when she was around. On the previous film she was the lead actress and on most mornings I was the one picking her up and taking her to set so we got to know each other very well.

I do have to say that it brightened up my day to see her. We had spent almost an entire month talking about random things and getting to know each other that I guess I didn’t realize how cool it was to hang out. She is a tremendously sweet girl and she is in two huge movies coming out in the next two months so I’m really pulling for her. I plan on seeing both as soon as they come out if only to support her, while also boosting the box office (not that I wouldn’t want to see her do well on her own, but I’m sure our film from last month would do better if she hit it big J).

I also saw two movies in the last two days that I feel are of note.

The first of which was “The Squid and the Whale,” which tells the tale of a couple and their two boys living in Brooklyn circa 1986. The couple decides to get separated, and the ensuing hour and a half are really quite funny. The entire film has a Wes Anderson milieu to it, but in a younger sense. It has traces of “Rushmore” more so than it does “The Life Aquatic,” if that makes any sense. Anyway, it’s definitely worth the ticket price even in NYC.

The second film I watched was “Tadpole.” I do have to say, after a lot of mixed reviews from friend and family, that I actually liked it. It had a nice rhythm to it and a sweetness that wasn’t too too over the top. It had moments where it definitely jumped into the cheesy realm, but for the most part I enjoyed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home