THS: The Production Assistant

A blog where you can experience the ins and outs of the film biz in NYC through the eyes of someone starting from the bottom up (with a few celebrity sighting puzzles along the way).

Sunday, April 30, 2006

2 Conversations about talking "celebrity"

Here are two conversations that I had with two of our main actors on separate days this past week.

This first one occurred while I was in an elevator with said actor after having been outside on a day when it was about 77 degrees. Since it was cold the previous few days, we were all in heavier clothes, which obviously caused us all to be a little warm.

Me: (Stepping into the elevator) Wow, I am not looking forward to working on whatever job I’m working on when it’s July and it is 90 degrees out. That is not going to be too fun.

Actor #1: Oh yeah? You know what’s not going to be fun? It’s not going to be fun when I have to wear a ski parka in the heat.

Me: Are you working on another project after this that has skiing in it?

Actor #1: No, I mean when we film the chase scene in May, it is supposed to be winter in the film, so I’ll be wearing a ski parka and several layers. THAT is not going to be too fun (said with a smirk).

Me: Yeah, you have a real hard life. (I exit the elevator)

The second conversation occurred while we were on set at one of the studios in town with another one of our main actors. We were standing inside a fake living room as they were trying to rehearse Actor #1’s arrival through the door.

Actor #2: So is someone going to close this door? (Actor #2 is standing right next to the door)

(The outer door was closed, but the inner door was still open)

Me: Umm, I could close it. (I’m halfway across the room)

Actor #2: Well, whose department is it to close the door? I mean, we have a full crew here and they don’t look like they are doing much.

Me: (Shrug)

Actor #2: It’s just kind of ridiculous ya know?

Me: I could close the door.

Actor #2: Naah, I’ll just do it. (With a nice pouty demeanor, Actor #2 closes the door)

On another random note, my favorite actor (#3) of the production, and after what happened probably of all time personally, had his/her last day this past week. As a present Actor #3 gave myself and three other people that worked closely with him/her, 60 GB video iPod’s in appreciation. Needless to say I was blown away. I was speechless. I thanked him/her, gave him/her a hug and walked away with a smile.

Now, I would DEFINITELY close the door for Actor #3.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:28 AM , Blogger Jonathan said...

    Does it make me stupid I can never figure out who is who in your posts? I feel like LA is slowly making me dumder...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home